Best trend indicator - page 2

Hi, I am a newbie and want to say that this forum is awesome. I am searching for an indicator that responds quickly to changes in trend direction. Thanks

I would say that the Tom DeMark is one of the best indicators.

Try downloading indicators from within meta editor or directly from the metaquotes codebase site with thousands of indicators to choose from, then decide if the indicators suit your requirements.

If you want safer long term indicators fractals and fibonacci are good.

Eyes.mq4 @ YourBody.com

hi,

I am new here and I have gone thru some posts here. I feel it is really a good post and a good site too.

Thanks for all the information shared here.

Nice day

Personally I like the good old PSAR!

a number of methods, from zigzags (which dont really repaint on the smaller timeframes) to the ever popular MA x-over, but one simple one is the EMA 2 and the SMA 5 x-over, coupled with the 5/2/3/ stochastic !

trade the xover when the stochastic is moving down at 80 or up at 20 on the shorter timeframes for scalp pippage, and double the values (or experiment with the values to suit your own palatte) for the larger timeframes.

Its truly the simplest method although highly accurate and a part of the larger series of indicators I use constantly.

enjoy and trade well

mp

You know, the best trend indicator is at least 2 hand drawn trendlines on 4H or daily chart, and perhaps just a stochastic to give you an idea when to jump in on the prevailing trend.

Here is a trading system I got from another forum.

Here is what the author has to say

If you see, there is 2 lines on main chart. The one with thick line I call Main MA, and the other one (thin line) I call Fast MA.

If the fast line (thin) crossed main line (thick) and both color is red, you go for SHORT. Check also xb-ind (seems like MACD) also in red color.

So basically you go short when all is red and go long when all is blue (check if fast MA on top/below Main MA).

You can see also some “reseversal line”.

When the market sideways, normaliy price is always bouncing. So, if the price is bullish then will predict the price will reverse at line and the price will change to short. Remember, this is only prediction. If the price still bullish, it break the “break out line”. The we now the bullish trend has been set.

Also, you can use reversal line when two lines has different color. For example when the main line is blue (long) and fast line is red (short) and fast line on top of main line (So main trend is bullish). We can predict that price will drop and touch around reversal line and bounce back for bullish.

Hope this helps

Files:
chart1111.gif  15 kb

hi guys,is this the holy grail of forex or somebody else found this out.

Reason: