Separation Trade-90% success - page 2

forexwolf:
Thanks wingstar. I have more questions sorry because i dont have the details of ur trade i have to code precisely and ensure that i am doing correct.Can you explain the following : Do not take this trade again in the same direction. If the market has already moved 80 – 100 pips, it is probably done for the day

Starting from the beginning of the european trading (2am EST) if the move was more than 80 pips and you see the separation begin again and you are still 80 pips away from the 2am start, it would be wise not to take the trade again in the same direction because the market is probably done for the day with its big move,however; if it retraces, say, 40 pips, then begins in the same direction, it would be ok to trade again.
when do u could the 80 pips is it from 6 GMT or from the time n price u entered the first trade(when diff became > 8)

Start counting your 80 pips from the beginning of the eruopean session
Do not take this trade immediately in the opposite direction. If the ema lines close for an hour or so then re-open in the opposite direction it is ok to go again.

I got this wrong in the first post, do not take this trade in the opposite direction at any time during the same trading day (european and New York combined)

Can u show some chart to explain this or give more details. I am sorry i may sound novice but i can program well provided i get the requirements clear. Thanks and best regards,Forexwolf

If you have traded this setup before, please post your rules.

In a backtest appeared : For October 2006 the total result for Eur/Usd was 123 pips with 16 days 1 trade per day.

The original strategy advises just a stop of 35 pips. However, you can also combine it with other indicators to exit when it goes the other way. Then you don't have to wait 35 pips. Usually you get into the market with a strong up or down thrust. It is then, that the system has to make its 20 pips. If this does not work out, you might better stop the trade instead of awaiting the full stop of 35 pips.

Wingstar:
If you have traded this setup before, please post your rules.

Hi forex freshman !

I am testing your system but in 15 min. charts. For my trading stile, i think that timeframe works better. Only change i made is that the filter for the cross is 10 pips at the close of the candle. I place stop loss -5 pips below the cross.

Working fine so far. I will continue testing and posting results. Tks. !!!

piplover:
Hi forex freshman !I am testing your system but in 15 min. charts. For my trading stile, i think that timeframe works better. Only change i made is that the filter for the cross is 10 pips at the close of the candle. I place stop loss -5 pips below the cross.Working fine so far. I will continue testing and posting results. Tks. !!!

WINGSTAR

Not fx freshman

Sorry my friend. My mistake

forexwolf:
Thanks wingstar. I have more questions sorry because i dont have the details of ur trade i have to code precisely and ensure that i am doing correct.Can you explain the following : Do not take this trade again in the same direction. If the market has already moved 80 – 100 pips, it is probably done for the day.when do u could the 80 pips is it from 6 GMT or from the time n price u entered the first trade(when diff became> 8)Do not take this trade immediately in the opposite direction. If the ema lines close for an hour or so then re-open in the opposite direction it is ok to go again.Can u show some chart to explain this or give more details. I am sorry i may sound novice but i can program well provided i get the requirements clear. Thanks and best regards,Forexwolf

Hello, just found this thread. Forexwolf, if you are still pursuing this EA, contact me at dothost@yahoo.com. I am trading this strategy.

piplover:
Hi forex freshman !I am testing your system but in 15 min. charts. For my trading stile, i think that timeframe works better. Only change i made is that the filter for the cross is 10 pips at the close of the candle. I place stop loss -5 pips below the cross.Working fine so far. I will continue testing and posting results. Tks. !!!

Hi Piplover. I never tried trading this strategy with the 15mins. How are you doing with it?

ryjo:
Hi Piplover. I never tried trading this strategy with the 15mins. How are you doing with it?

Doing very good. More than 120 pips last week only in euro-us

It's a mistake to bury this thread. The logics of this system is too generic that nobody can copyright it. Also the indicators are not the seller's property at all.

Therefore, I have opened this thread once again. Wingstar is now a full member again, sorry.

Where is the system that you guys are talking about?

Is it a secret that everybody knows, except me?

Hello Piplover,

to clarify, on the 15 min. separation, you enter on a =>10 instead of =>8? And your initial stop--5 pip from cross?? what cross? Do you mean high/low bar that shows the 10 pip spread?

Also could you please continue to post results if you are still trading this?

Thank you!!

Reason: