Originally Posted by bossxero
Here is a little guide on how to get the work done
NOTE: An indicator can be of 2 format (extensions), .MQ4 and .EX4. MQ4 is the source code, and EX4 is the compiled version of the code.
Step By Step
1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators
2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched)
3) Launch your MetaTrader application
4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator
5) Under the "Common
" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators
6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 1
7) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart
8) Voila... done
I trade with Oanda and use the MT4 practice account for charting only. I do not find the C:\programfiles\metatrader, etc in my C drive. Could it be because this is the practice account or is it something else?