Average Daily Range Indicator/Calculator

Hi Guys,

I am looking for an indicator which displays the average daily range of any currency pairs. I am not looking for any kind of eye-candy indicators which paints lots of stuffs on the charts but just an indicator which displays the daily range in PIPS. To be more clear, the indicator should display the average number of pips that the currency has been moving since X number of days (X is a variable of course). An example will be that the average daily range of the of the EUR/USD is 107 pips, thats just an example.

I know people usually does this with an Excel file, in which they import the historical data from their platforms and the Excel sheet calculates the average daily/weekly/whatever range.

So if anybody could help on this one, I would be delighted. Thanks in advance.

All the best in your trading.

Try this.

Let me know if it is what you want.

Regards

Files:

Thanks for this indicator but its not what am looking for. Thanks for the share.

fx9:
Try this.Let me know if it is what you want. Regards

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

I did not make this indicator. A fellow trader made it for me.

It takes the ATR of the time frame you want to see and you see that ATR on any timeframe you switch the chart too.

I have it currently set-up to show the DAILY ATR. If you look at the picture you can see the ATR NUMBER in the top left corner of the indicator.

Files:
atr.jpg  22 kb

hello just to reply to request great site

bossxero:
Hi Guys, I am looking for an indicator which displays the average daily range of any currency pairs. I am not looking for any kind of eye-candy indicators which paints lots of stuffs on the charts but just an indicator which displays the daily range in PIPS. To be more clear, the indicator should display the average number of pips that the currency has been moving since X number of days (X is a variable of course). An example will be that the average daily range of the of the EUR/USD is 107 pips, thats just an example. I know people usually does this with an Excel file, in which they import the historical data from their platforms and the Excel sheet calculates the average daily/weekly/whatever range. So if anybody could help on this one, I would be delighted. Thanks in advance. All the best in your trading.

Hi

The Daily version of this indicator was coded for a Daily trading system about 18 months ago and modified to include Weekly & Monthly averages about 6 months ago

I guess these may contain too much data however they can be modified as far as the number of units you want to average - the default is 1 Day/5 Days/ 10 Days / 20 Days

If you need something very simple and small coded let me know, the Signal Bars indicator i posted earlier uses the same code for the Daily average figures

[ATTACH]1751[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1752[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1753[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1754[/ATTACH]

bossxero:
Hi Guys, I am looking for an indicator which displays the average daily range of any currency pairs. I am not looking for any kind of eye-candy indicators which paints lots of stuffs on the charts but just an indicator which displays the daily range in PIPS. To be more clear, the indicator should display the average number of pips that the currency has been moving since X number of days (X is a variable of course). An example will be that the average daily range of the of the EUR/USD is 107 pips, thats just an example. I know people usually does this with an Excel file, in which they import the historical data from their platforms and the Excel sheet calculates the average daily/weekly/whatever range. So if anybody could help on this one, I would be delighted. Thanks in advance. All the best in your trading.

Hi

Pls find herewith attached one good ADR average day range indicator. pls do confirm if it was the one u need. end

Is there an ADR indicator which DOES NOT include the Sunday bar. Including a Sunday bar into the calculation, drastically changes the outcome.

I searched but couldn't find one which allows exclusion of Sunday bar in the calculation.

Many Thanks

Attached is the ADR indicator I'm using and I found this script by "icm63" about excluding Sunday data (he's using this on MA cross indi). I tried inserting the code below into my indicator (attached), but it's not working.

Anyone have any idea how to combine script (below) with the attached indicator, in order to make an "ADR_No_Sunday_Bar" indicator.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TempBuffer3 = Is just a bunch of close data

BufferAVE = Is array that ends up on chart

for(i=0; i<limit; i++)

{

if(No_Sundays ==true)

{

int z = 0;

int HLsum = 0;

for(int x = i; x < i + (Period * 2); x++)

{

if(SundayCheck(x) !=0)

{

HLsum += TempBuffer3[x];

z =z+ 1;

//if(i ==0) Print(x, " ", z);

}

if(z >= Period) break;

}

BufferAVE = NormalizeDouble(HLsum/z,0);
}
else
BufferAVE=iMAOnArray(TempBuffer3,Bars,Period,0,MODE_SMA,i);
}

//Sunday check
int SundayCheck(int Index)
{
datetime data = iTime(NULL, PERIOD_D1, Index);
return(TimeDayOfWeek(data));
}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you in advance for any help.

Files:

Hi, i thank you for the daily,weekly and monthly average range calculators. Please all what i want now is 1min, 5min, and 15mins average range calculation indicator, just as the previous ones.thanks

cja:
Hi The Daily version of this indicator was coded for a Daily trading system about 18 months ago and modified to include Weekly & Monthly averages about 6 months agoI guess these may contain too much data however they can be modified as far as the number of units you want to average - the default is 1 Day/5 Days/ 10 Days / 20 Days If you need something very simple and small coded let me know, the Signal Bars indicator i posted earlier uses the same code for the Daily average figures [ATTACH]1751[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1752[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1753[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1754[/ATTACH]

cja:
Hi The Daily version of this indicator was coded for a Daily trading system about 18 months ago and modified to include Weekly & Monthly averages about 6 months ago I guess these may contain too much data however they can be modified as far as the number of units you want to average - the default is 1 Day/5 Days/ 10 Days / 20 Days If you need something very simple and small coded let me know, the Signal Bars indicator i posted earlier uses the same code for the Daily average figures [ATTACH]1751[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1752[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1753[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1754[/ATTACH]

I like your range indicators. I would like to ask you to make one small change and re-post them. The indicators give the high and low range for the day (week or month) but not the running total, or current high/low spread in pips. Can you add a label "TODAY" giving the difference of current high and low.

This change would make the indicators easier to use and save me from reaching for the calculator every time I want to know this number.

Thanks for your great indicators and the change if you can send it.

Reason: