CSV splitter (divide large CSV files) - page 2

patgio, could it be damaged file? I've splited a csv file with more than a million rows without any problem.

I knew a little VB app would be simple but wanted to hunt around as re-inventing the wheel is not my style.

How many intern hours have been wasted splitting files I cannot begin to tell you!

Today, nay, for all future database loading time, you are my hero.

Scorpion this is a great tool for me.

Me and about 30 people would like to thank you for this application.

It's going to make our lives so much easier.

alexs:
Scorpion this is a great tool for me. Me and about 30 people would like to thank you for this application. It's going to make our lives so much easier.

Then, just press the Thanks button

thank you very much for this very useful tool. Now, I won't have to create my own.

hi this is my first message

Hi,

I found this would be very helpful but when I executed it, it was stopped due to the out-of-memory exception.

My csv file is slightly over 2GB and is supposed to have about 50*50000 rows. But it stopped after making 31st file. (I just let the default setting as it is.)

I have Core 2 Duo 2.5Ghz with 3.5GB memory which is pretty new.

Thank you,

Joon

Your CSV file might be corrupted, or each line is very long. You should try to reduce the number of lines per file. First, reduce it to 20000. If it doesn't work, reduce to 10000... 5000... 2500 until the error goes away.

Somehow, I think there's something wrong with your RAM or system memory settings. I used to split files larger than 2GB fine. If you're running Vista, you might want to test the memory.

A Big Thank you Very userful program.

scorpion:
Download: csv-splitter-1.1.zipDownloaded: 1398 times (Oct 18 2007)you will need .Net Framework Version 1.1 installed in prior. Instructions:
1. Fill in necessary information: CSV file: the path to the CSV that you wanted to split. Number of lines: the maximum number of lines/rows in each splitted piece. Max Pieces: limit the number of output files. '0' is unlimited. 2. Click "Split Now!", and that's it. You can find the splitted pieces in the a new folder of the same directory of the CSV file.

I would Love your csv splitter if it had the Split Now button. I installed Net 1.1 and restarted. It has everything but the Split Now button. I thought it might work just hitting return.

I have Windows 2000 on a 2Ghz machine. A relatively small 20,000 row file trying to split into 2500 lines.

Any ideas. I'm new here, Hi guys!

Reason: