Do foreign exchange rates change over the weekend? Where can I see them?

I need to convert tens of thousands of dollars from US to Canadian dollars. I was watching rates today, and then they stopped changing when markets closed at 5 pm. They will start changing again Monday morning, but I am wondering if I should go ahead and do the transfer now at today's closing rate. Over the weekend there's got to be a market somewhere that's still trading, or some way that I can detect if the rate at opening Monday morning will be better or worse than today's close.

Thanks in advance!

Banks, trading offices, and stock markets worldwide close on weekends. However, the forex rates still change in real-time over the weekends. It's just the volatility and liquidity are way too low, as not many people do the exchange on weekends unless it's an emergency. For most forex brokers, it's not worth it to pay employees double-fold to work on weekends to accommodate a few weekend traders. If 24/7 trading is your requirement, you might want to consider Oanda since their trading desk opens on weekends. You'll notice the spreads are widen by several pips.

scorpion:
Banks, trading offices, and stock markets worldwide close on weekends. However, the forex rates still change in real-time over the weekends. It's just the volatility and liquidity are way too low, as not many people do the exchange on weekends unless it's an emergency. For most forex brokers, it's not worth it to pay employees double-fold to work on weekends to accommodate a few weekend traders. If 24/7 trading is your requirement, you might want to consider Oanda since their trading desk opens on weekends. You'll notice the spreads are widen by several pips.

I went to

Currency Converter for 164 Currencies

And there is a rate for May 30, but it's just one rate for the whole day; it hasn't been changing during the day. Is there a site that shows what the real-time rate is?

thanks

There are some brokers who allow you to trade on weekends also... However I heard that the spread is higher in weekends... Never experimented this myself.

Good discussion. I just want to ask how can we calculate real time rate? What are the steps. Can you give detail information on rating. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Forex Rates

Reason: