scalping?

I'm not sure if scalping in stocks and futures are the same in forex so like to ask. How many pips or amount of time in a trade is it called scalping? 10 pips, 10 minutes? I see most of the hours currencies move in spurts the rest of the time it drives slowly. Any comments?

Scalping can be an excellent way to earn pips in FX, to answer your question, it really depends on the trade. Just be careful, some brokers ban scalpers

pro_:
I'm not sure if scalping in stocks and futures are the same in forex so like to ask. How many pips or amount of time in a trade is it called scalping? 10 pips, 10 minutes? I see most of the hours currencies move in spurts the rest of the time it drives slowly. Any comments?

I experienced the same thing with you make me so confuses

Hi,

one of the best ways to scalp the forex markets is to use fractals on a 15 min chart using the MT4 platform. I usually take 7-10 pips then close, sit back and wait for the next fractal to form then open a next trade as long as there is enough pips in the newly formed fractal, any less than 15 pips i wont place a trade. I do this about 4-5 times a day and it really pays off. I use 1X400 leverage so it makes the trades even more profitable. Do i still have bad trades? Yep but thats part and parcel of trading. The one thing i will say though is that i have far less bad trades using this method. Hope this is of some help.

Happy trading

Gareth

I thot broker like scalpers who makes relatively more entry and exit. The spread in each entry and exit provides the "commission" to them.

Gareth, can u share more info on fractals?

Cheers.

These are five 1 minute forex scalping systems that have been developed and tested over many years by veteran forex traders. You can use anyone of these five 1 minute forex scalping systems to make money anytime you want instantly.Most of the time the markets are moving sideways. Rather something like almost 80% of the time, the market is consolidating and moving sideways. So, the market is trending only 20% of the time. When there is no trend present in the market and the market is moving sideways without any clear direction, scalping is the best trading strategy.

many thanks for you advice

Forex Scalping can also be called a quick trading. It is a method where traders allow their positions to last only for a matter of seconds, to a full minute and rarely longer than that.

Paul75:
Forex Scalping can also be called a quick trading. It is a method where traders allow their positions to last only for a matter of seconds, to a full minute and rarely longer than that.

Yeah, and if we wanna use this strategy, we have to make sure that our broker allows their trader to do it. InstaForex is one of broker which allows their trader to scalping.

pro_:

Hi Pro,

The amount of time spent in a scalping trade in forex is similar to in other markets. Some scalpers hold trades less than a minute while others hold trades for several hours and still consider themselves to be scalpers. I think everyone can generally agree though that scalping refers to trades that are completed within a single day.

In regards to your a comment about currencies sometimes moving in spurts and other times moving slowly, there are definitely times of day that tend to have more volatility which can lend itself to scalping. For example, the daytime in Europe tends to be popular for scalpers because of all the economic data released at that time.

Gregory McLeod of DailyFX.com hosts a live scalping webinar every weekday at 5:30am EST called Pip and Run.

Jason

sharkforex:
Scalping is a trade style and man use that style is scapler. Scalper often trade with M15 or M30, they put a lot of orders and close them very fast. They often get money with minimum pips changes (30 in some brokers).

Yeah, many traders like this strategy but we have to be careful because if we not discipline, we can get big loss.

Reason: