Gbp/usd, 400 pips at least

Hello all,

Just a screen to show the incredible gbp/usd's volatility

I can just say : PPPPfffeewwwwwww

Eur/usd in the same time :

PPPPooooouuuuuaaahhh (but nevertheless 130 pips )

don't mean any disrespect to you but you're being too close-minded. Whilst a good percentage of fx traders are technical, the big moves are swayed by serious fundamentals. The mover the last two days can be soley contributed to by the lower than expected final Q1 GDP. Whilst the current account was higher than expected GBP is a lot more important to the boe wrt the base rate which from the last meeting is looking more likely that there will be no rate hike and a good possibility of a rate cut. THe previous meeting was at 7-2 with the ratio surely to decrease with the onset of more bad economic data. Please keep this in mind and perhasp code these into your EAs as I have done and you will not only prevent any losses from trend reversals or wild swings caused by fundamentals ,but also get in on these huge moves.

Merry Xmas Ev Body... Happy Trading.. Trading For Human

Fundamentals?????????? So, let us look at jpy......for years and years ...how can you relate the moves of it to fundamentals??? You can almost lent money for free there for more then a decade. Economicly nothing changed for many years. And still jpy made huge swings....how come? Please explain this so I can understand, for now I simply see that all is moving in patterns that are related to patterns in history. As Gann already said - and the bible - there is nothing new under the sun.

whereas I wont go into historic moves, please understand the old market saw that Thanksgiving belongs to the bears and Xmas belongs to the bulls, and then we get the "santa claus rally" into january !

Like a friendly hooker, it shows up every year and every year people ask "why" , most especially the financial media that needs to say "something" every second !

what you are witnessing, if you study it in detail, is the very SLOW changes (reversals) of your named currency pairs ---- first pinpoint the intraday trend using the H1 and H4 and then shift down to the 15 min to see the up and down moves that allow professional traders to go long, take profit and then go short, take profit and then go long, take profit and then go short, take profit - -- -- - -- - - on and on and on and on and on because THATS WHAT PROFESSIONAL TRADERS DO ALL DAY ! (and dont forget to WATCH the DAILY and WEEKLY charts for direction reversals !)

If you put an LRC on your charts, you will immediately see that the price is driven up to resistance, allowed to fall to support where the game starts all over again, letting news "act" as an accelerant to the movement.

Now, concerning news ---- we retail traders are dealing with the smartest traders in the room -- the pros, and THEY already know what the news releases will say, so WATCH the direction the currency takes up to a week before the news release, as they will bring the pair down slowly if the news is good (makes MUCH better profits when news is released and short term trend is altered) and the same for bad news, where the price will slowly rise, providing a MUCH greater shorting profit when the BAD news is released !

Now watch what happens during the news release itself --- if the news is bad, UP WILL GO THE CURRENCY in a rapid fire spike (reverse this for good news) and then, SLOWLY and over the rest of the day, reverse and gain back everything that was in the spike, plus go on to set yet another new high or low (once again, depending on the direction the trend was moving it)

It takes very little time in this game to see what is being done by the "big boys and girls" and once we cue into whats going on around us, we too can profit like the big banks, but with lower taxes and time for office romances !

Ive attached a jpeg of EURUSD daily chart, showing all recent activity --- please note the LAST yellow arrow to the right of the chart. While the currency will most likely not drop significantly in the earlier portions of the day today, over the week we should see it DROP, heading into the news releases. If it does, then what I said above is proven and if it doesnt, you can tar and feather me and run me out of town on a rail !

while many people make much ado about nothing concerning forex, its simply based on greed and gain, so one simply begins to think like that type of preditory animal (if only for a few hours) and you will know WHERE to go for that gain ---- anyone notice a trend on the right side of that chart ??

"there is nothing new under the sun", and pro traders work with only one thought in their minds ---- BIGGER BONUSES for next year !

LOL

enjoy and trade well

mp

teacher, tailor, talisman and lover of GOOD pastrami on rye (AND the McGiver sisters !)

roodstaart:
Fundamentals?????????? So, let us look at jpy......for years and years ...how can you relate the moves of it to fundamentals??? You can almost lent money for free there for more then a decade. Economicly nothing changed for many years. And still jpy made huge swings....how come? Please explain this so I can understand, for now I simply see that all is moving in patterns that are related to patterns in history. As Gann already said - and the bible - there is nothing new under the sun.
Files:

Do you guys feels it's difficult to trade over December with all the public holidays?

well, that situation should be over pretty danged soon, huh !

this time of year is always volitle because of the comparatively low volumes out there due to the "masters of the universe" taking their winter vacations --- low volume allows the banks and brokers to move the currencies around more than usual (they aint got no checks and balances from other traders, obviously), but it will settle down during january and get smoother as warm weather approaches --- of course, then we get into summer vacations and the whole process repeats !

a trick my mammy taught me years ago is that when the volitility gets heavy, trade the LONGER timeframes cause its MUCH easier to follow the trend and she was a danged good trader in her own right, putting 14 children through Georgetown and watching them later become a large voting block in the senate, where they outvoted Carter and increased their peanut farming business to world class, with profits to match ! It is said that Carter's horror at what had happened when they took over the peanut patch was what disheartened him so that he lost the following terms election, not being able to focus on the overall economy !

Of course, thats mammies story !

because of the increased range and movement of currencies in the longer timeframes, one MUST USE GOOD MONEY MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES AND NOT PLACE MARGIN IN DANGER, so keep your trades down in size because you WILL experience a lot of drawdowns on the longer times !

enjoy and trade well

mp

quote=TradeIQ;13473]Do you guys feels it's difficult to trade over December with all the public holidays?

Reason: