Automated Trading Championship 2006

metaquotes.net:
19 July 2006 MetaQuotes Software Corp. starts the unique Automated Trading Championship 2006 sponsored by Spacevision Switzerland SA, FXDirectDealer LLC. and Interbank FX LLC.. Unlike numerous traders contests, this championship is intended not for traders, but for Expert Advisors writen by them. Within 12 weeks (from the 1st of October till the 25th of December), Expert Advisors will compete for the prizes. The total amount of prizes makes US$ 80,000. Registration starts on August 1st until September 25th. Everyone is allowed to send his or her Expert Advisor and participate in the Automated Trading Championship 2006.

You can't miss this event! $80,000 for the 3 winners! The grand expert trading day will start from October 1 to December 25, and open for registration from August 1 at https://championship.mql5.com/2012/en.

We're sending one expert to compete too. FxFisherman EvoX will take away the first prize! :whistling No doubt that this little baby will beat 'em all. (fingers crossed)

Are you joining with me? It's 80 grands!

Hey Scorpion, I had a little time of the forum, since we moved to a new house, and there phone line and internet were just connected today, so I missed some things here, first of all what is FxFisherman EvoX ? Couse you are sure confident about it !

The prize is sure big, I wish I could put out some expert of mine out there, but what interests me is the cause of such generosity , is it like makes good publicity to Metaquotes or what ? Or maybe they just want to copy the experts they receive and execute some for themselves ?

Hey man. Long time no chating indeed.

EvoX is my newest breed of system from all these years of research and development. Having sacrificed so much on it, I must be confident like this. And you know, it cheers me up when i hope, so cross the golden fingers baby! (it pays nothing to let yourself down)

Yeah something fishy about this event that MQ is the host. The terminal.exe is close-sourced, so you never know if they can steal our experts or not. I'm aways afraid of this. Nonetheless, it's risky if they do so. Just like when Sony put dangerous rootkit in their music CDs last year. They lost millions of dollar plus the credibility when a researcher found that out. No matter how severe the punishment is, big companies dare to do all evils.

From what I understand in the competition there is not need to open a real account, just send your expert in and your good...

Also what if they do steal your expert? its only one company (they wouldnt distribute or sell it). An expert usually stops working when many users use the exact same strategy causing a sort of pump and dump and affecting the market negatively.

Don't forget also that the prize is 3 people share 80k so it could be..

I know this is still a big amount but if you do have a profitable expert please do tell me! I live around extremely wealthy people that would definitely invest (this has been a plan of mine for a while, other people invest in me, i take a commission and then start my own account).

Sorry for the thread hijack but speaking of money I have personnaly met:

-Owners of Monster Audio Cable

-Owners of Ducatti Motorcycles

-Inventor of the SMS

-Owners of 7Up Soda

The city is ranked 6th wealthiest town in the USA (Beverly Hills stands in 24th) https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.ired.com/buymyself/rioux/richcities.htm

Anywho you could risk this by having your expert stolen (however i dont know if it could really get abused, you might score a job somewhere) or you could keep it to yourself and invest with it

Guz, the thing that the expert will stop working or won`t isn`t the thing. I don`t have such an expert, so everything i type is just a theoretical fantasy

The fact that a piece of my work will be used by someone besides me doesn`t bring me a lot of pleasure. And let`s all remember , that metaquotes is a company based in russia, and for most russians the rules are of when ot applys to business or money in any kind, so it`s even hard for me to imagine how and in what amounts they will be using theese experts.

Let`s all remember the fellow from MQL who is posting the threads about him decoding exp or ex4 for 10 and 40 bucks, i guess he just stole the decoder from MQL and is making a living of it , I think we even have his thread on FXF. This is just an example of russian mentality.

P.S. I`m half latvian , so everything said in this post concerns me only for a half

Dang i should have read the line they mention "send in one expert to us". I think that's ridiculous! Joing the competition is like telling them the trade secrets.

Ravique, you mention something about the guy might steal mql decoder from MQ. That makes sense to me, because I know a few programs whose programmers steal the chart component from metatrader and integrate it in the programs.

gaz:
I know this is still a big amount but if you do have a profitable expert please do tell me! I live around extremely wealthy people that would definitely invest

It's still in testing. Maybe i'm just over-confident, like usual. When i have it working, we'll bring those big guys to join our gang. We'll talk in our room when i'm confirmed.

Ok, we can join the contest at interbankfx. They don't demand to hand over our experts. The 1st prize is $2000, 2nd is $1000 and 3rd is $500. So this event is not really bigger than interbankfx's contest. We will get the 1st prize baby! (again fingers crossed)

Fingers crossed indeed

Hi! Where is everybody? Why nobody reporting anything about Automated Trading Championship 2006? Is there any participants from this forum?

Is that the one from MT4 that requires you to send them an expert and you agree that they are allowed to use it to their own purpose? Its not a hard concept to do, I can say "everyone send me your experts, the one that makes the most money will get $10,000" once I get the EA that works the best, use it live, make the money and its a profit!

Honestly I think its a scam if they ask you for it and make you agree that they can keep it and use it to their own use

It's a great event, but why do they need your ea? You can run it off your computer, and they would only have to verify at the end of contest, easy.

Next year, do the old run-at-home contest, and then we'll join.

hey,

i don't meean to change the subject of the thread but from reading what yall have wrote i was wonder if yall trade live with any experts, and if so are yall making money

Reason: