Linear regression indicator

I am looking for the lilnear regression line used in a Kelpie chart. I have the Bollinger bands in place but need the linear regression line. The line I am looking for is refered to the "Dog" in Global One Groups Kelpie chart. I am trying to program this into MT4. I believe the formual is "lenght 4 shift 1" . Does this make sense to anyone? How do I put it in as an indicator?

thanks

I recently set up a kelpie chart on my MT4 and I found the linear regression indicator by searching forexfactory.com forums for "linear regression metatrader". I downloaded it, plugged it in and now I have it. I can email it to you if you'd like.

A question for you. I had been shown the Kelpie setup months ago and only now set it up on my charts. I have all the necessary indicators, however I am unsure of how to use the Kelpie to make pips. What do you know of the rules to follow and when to get in, when to get out, etc.

Thanks

ChamelEian

If you are talking about "The Global One Group" headed up by Rick Young then, I am sorry you are involved with them. If there is another Global One Group then I apologize to them for the mistake. I am the person that originally showed Rick Young the value of the LR - 4, along with the Bollinger Bands. I have the emails and paper work to prove it. He and my former employer Xxxxxx Xxxxxx proceeded to take this idea and market it against my better judgment; it wasn’t ready or proven at that time. They did not follow the directions I gave or common sense.

I have heard (but unverified) they have lost millions of dollars of other peoples money using this strategy. If so, I also apologize to those people as well. My advice is; be careful of claims that sound to good to be true, they usually are.

I have attached several Linear Regression indicators for the MT4 platform. If you like I will attach for free the actual strategy this indicator was to be used with. It does make some PIPs on a daily basis however, attention to detail and watching the charts is necessary. The three attached files are my attempts at getting it right. The Linear Regression_Indicator_Line.mq4 is the one I use the most. I hope this Helps.

Files:
CH_LR.mq4  3 kb

Hey FXToolman

I would recommend you to open a new thread on trading systems section and teach us you trading system. What do u think about it? Many will be more than happy to learn new things here

All the best

There's a Linear Regression Channel built into MT4 -

Customize your FIB tool bar, add it to that toolbar...

voila...or, however you spell that...

(Hoping this message isn't finding you too late...)

FXToolsMan:
If you are talking about "The Global One Group" headed up by Rick Young then, I am sorry you are involved with them. If there is another Global One Group then I apologize to them for the mistake. I am the person that originally showed Rick Young the value of the LR - 4, along with the Bollinger Bands. I have the emails and paper work to prove it. He and my former employer Xxxxxx Xxxxxx proceeded to take this idea and market it against my better judgment; it wasn’t ready or proven at that time. They did not follow the directions I gave or common sense. I have heard (but unverified) they have lost millions of dollars of other peoples money using this strategy. If so, I also apologize to those people as well. My advice is; be careful of claims that sound to good to be true, they usually are. I have attached several Linear Regression indicators for the MT4 platform. If you like I will attach for free the actual strategy this indicator was to be used with. It does make some PIPs on a daily basis however, attention to detail and watching the charts is necessary. The three attached files are my attempts at getting it right. The Linear Regression_Indicator_Line.mq4 is the one I use the most. I hope this Helps.

FXToolsMan,

yes, please explain the actual strategy the indicator was to be used with.

Incidentally, I d/loaded the 3 files from your post. The indicator lines plotted by Linear Regression_Indicator_Line.mq4 and LR_Indicator.mq4 are identical whereas the CH_LR.mq4 does nothing. Kindly look into this.

There's something else I need help with --

I have plotted the linear regression channel using the tool provided in Metatrader4 on a D1 chart. Now, I need help with doing the following:

a) Automatically get projected values for the next day for the LR line itself and for the upper and lower channel lines.

b) Draw those 3 projected DAILY values as horizontal lines on D1 plus on all lower timeframe charts viz. H4, H1..down to M1.

Similarly, if I plot linear regression channel on any timeframe chart, I need to automatically get projected values for the next bar and the plot them as horizontal lines on that very chart plus on all lower timeframe charts.

Thanks

pgd

cool...

can any one help me with the info on how i can get this indicator: pivot point moving average indicator (ppma) on meta trade 4. i have being using the indicator on fxcm platform with a demo account and i like it.

who can help me with the info on how i can have th indicator on meta trade 4 for my live account trading

I don’t know if this information can help you in something. Check this link.Typical Price (Pivot Point) Moving Average)

That is a good link Kara, Thanks for the information, learn about the moving average is important for my simple strategy, interesting prediction can emerge from that.

Hi FXToolsMan,

Aew you referring to the kelpie channel system? How does it work?

Thanks

FXToolsMan:
If you are talking about "The Global One Group" headed up by Rick Young then, I am sorry you are involved with them. If there is another Global One Group then I apologize to them for the mistake. I am the person that originally showed Rick Young the value of the LR - 4, along with the Bollinger Bands. I have the emails and paper work to prove it. He and my former employer Xxxxxx Xxxxxx proceeded to take this idea and market it against my better judgment; it wasn’t ready or proven at that time. They did not follow the directions I gave or common sense. I have heard (but unverified) they have lost millions of dollars of other peoples money using this strategy. If so, I also apologize to those people as well. My advice is; be careful of claims that sound to good to be true, they usually are. I have attached several Linear Regression indicators for the MT4 platform. If you like I will attach for free the actual strategy this indicator was to be used with. It does make some PIPs on a daily basis however, attention to detail and watching the charts is necessary. The three attached files are my attempts at getting it right. The Linear Regression_Indicator_Line.mq4 is the one I use the most. I hope this Helps.
Reason: