Forex Forum > Strategies Zone > Indicators >

Average Daily Range Indicator/Calculator

Forum

Like Tree17Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Average Daily Range Indicator/Calculator
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2007, 08:24 PM
bossxero's Avatar
Honorary Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Neverland
Posts: 851
bossxero has a spectacular aura aboutbossxero has a spectacular aura aboutbossxero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to bossxero Send a message via MSN to bossxero Send a message via Yahoo to bossxero Send a message via Skype™ to bossxero
Hi Guys,

I am looking for an indicator which displays the average daily range of any currency pairs. I am not looking for any kind of eye-candy indicators which paints lots of stuffs on the charts but just an indicator which displays the daily range in PIPS. To be more clear, the indicator should display the average number of pips that the currency has been moving since X number of days (X is a variable of course). An example will be that the average daily range of the of the EUR/USD is 107 pips, thats just an example.

I know people usually does this with an Excel file, in which they import the historical data from their platforms and the Excel sheet calculates the average daily/weekly/whatever range.

So if anybody could help on this one, I would be delighted. Thanks in advance.

All the best in your trading.
Quote
Average Range
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2007, 07:43 PM
fx9 fx9 is offline
Currency Trader
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
fx9 is on a distinguished road
Try this.
Let me know if it is what you want.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 Average Range.mq4 (6.8 KB, 3408 views)
bossxero and kanong like this.
Quote
Not this ..
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2007, 08:28 PM
bossxero's Avatar
Honorary Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Neverland
Posts: 851
bossxero has a spectacular aura aboutbossxero has a spectacular aura aboutbossxero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to bossxero Send a message via MSN to bossxero Send a message via Yahoo to bossxero Send a message via Skype™ to bossxero
Thanks for this indicator but its not what am looking for. Thanks for the share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx9 View Post
Try this.
Let me know if it is what you want.

Regards
Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2007, 03:34 AM
Forex Trader
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Money Duck is on a distinguished road
Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

I did not make this indicator. A fellow trader made it for me.

It takes the ATR of the time frame you want to see and you see that ATR on any timeframe you switch the chart too.

I have it currently set-up to show the DAILY ATR. If you look at the picture you can see the ATR NUMBER in the top left corner of the indicator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg atr.JPG (21.4 KB, 2832 views)
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 4X_Campus_-_ATR.mq4 (3.6 KB, 1838 views)
shiftlessatol, forxdoc and kanong like this.
__________________
- Money Duck

_____________________________________________
if you find any post useful to you, please click http://www.fxfisherman.com/designs/b...ost_thanks.gif in that post. It not only shows your appreciation but also add up to poster's reputation.
Quote
thanks great site
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Currency Trader
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1
john mc grath is on a distinguished road
hello just to reply to request great site
Quote
Range indicators
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2007, 09:20 AM
cja cja is offline
Currency Trader
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
cja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossxero View Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking for an indicator which displays the average daily range of any currency pairs. I am not looking for any kind of eye-candy indicators which paints lots of stuffs on the charts but just an indicator which displays the daily range in PIPS. To be more clear, the indicator should display the average number of pips that the currency has been moving since X number of days (X is a variable of course). An example will be that the average daily range of the of the EUR/USD is 107 pips, thats just an example.

I know people usually does this with an Excel file, in which they import the historical data from their platforms and the Excel sheet calculates the average daily/weekly/whatever range.

So if anybody could help on this one, I would be delighted. Thanks in advance.

All the best in your trading.
Hi
The Daily version of this indicator was coded for a Daily trading system about 18 months ago and modified to include Weekly & Monthly averages about 6 months ago
I guess these may contain too much data however they can be modified as far as the number of units you want to average - the default is 1 Day/5 Days/ 10 Days / 20 Days

If you need something very simple and small coded let me know, the Signal Bars indicator i posted earlier uses the same code for the Daily average figures

#(T_S_R)-Daily Range Calculator .mq4

#(T_S_R)-Weekly Range Calculator.mq4

#(T_S_R)-Monthly Range Calculator.mq4

DailyWeeklyMonthly.gif
Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Currency Trader
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4
chehab is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossxero View Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking for an indicator which displays the average daily range of any currency pairs. I am not looking for any kind of eye-candy indicators which paints lots of stuffs on the charts but just an indicator which displays the daily range in PIPS. To be more clear, the indicator should display the average number of pips that the currency has been moving since X number of days (X is a variable of course). An example will be that the average daily range of the of the EUR/USD is 107 pips, thats just an example.

I know people usually does this with an Excel file, in which they import the historical data from their platforms and the Excel sheet calculates the average daily/weekly/whatever range.

So if anybody could help on this one, I would be delighted. Thanks in advance.

All the best in your trading.
Hi
Pls find herewith attached one good ADR average day range indicator. pls do confirm if it was the one u need. end
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 DYNAMIC Breakout Daily Range_v10.mq4 (3.1 KB, 2539 views)
bossxero and kanong like this.
Quote
Sunday Bar
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Currency Trader
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2
pipimo88 is on a distinguished road
Is there an ADR indicator which DOES NOT include the Sunday bar. Including a Sunday bar into the calculation, drastically changes the outcome.

I searched but couldn't find one which allows exclusion of Sunday bar in the calculation.

Many Thanks
Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Currency Trader
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2
pipimo88 is on a distinguished road
Attached is the ADR indicator I'm using and I found this script by "icm63" about excluding Sunday data (he's using this on MA cross indi). I tried inserting the code below into my indicator (attached), but it's not working.

Anyone have any idea how to combine script (below) with the attached indicator, in order to make an "ADR_No_Sunday_Bar" indicator.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TempBuffer3 = Is just a bunch of close data
BufferAVE = Is array that ends up on chart

for(i=0; i<limit; i++)
{
if(No_Sundays ==true)
{
int z = 0;
int HLsum = 0;
for(int x = i; x < i + (Period * 2); x++)
{
if(SundayCheck(x) !=0)
{
HLsum += TempBuffer3[x];
z =z+ 1;
//if(i ==0) Print(x, " ", z);
}
if(z >= Period) break;
}
BufferAVE[i] = NormalizeDouble(HLsum/z,0);
}
else
BufferAVE[i]=iMAOnArray(TempBuffer3,Bars,Period,0,MODE_SMA,i);
}

//Sunday check
int SundayCheck(int Index)
{
datetime data = iTime(NULL, PERIOD_D1, Index);
return(TimeDayOfWeek(data));
}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you in advance for any help.
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 ADR_SL-NoLine.mq4 (13.3 KB, 1259 views)
kanong likes this.
Quote
I need 1 to 15mins average range caculation indicator
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Currency Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
drewizzy is on a distinguished road
Hi, i thank you for the daily,weekly and monthly average range calculators. Please all what i want now is 1min, 5min, and 15mins average range calculation indicator, just as the previous ones.thanks




Quote:
Originally Posted by cja View Post
Hi

The Daily version of this indicator was coded for a Daily trading system about 18 months ago and modified to include Weekly & Monthly averages about 6 months ago
I guess these may contain too much data however they can be modified as far as the number of units you want to average - the default is 1 Day/5 Days/ 10 Days / 20 Days

If you need something very simple and small coded let me know, the Signal Bars indicator i posted earlier uses the same code for the Daily average figures

Attachment 1751

Attachment 1752

Attachment 1753

Attachment 1754
Quote

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving Average Separation Indicator ryjo Indicator Coding 4 10-07-2012 07:45 AM
What is Daily Range??? yyc196 Indicators 11 02-09-2011 11:21 PM
moving average 35 of cci 20 indicator xavier050463 Indicators 2 09-09-2010 07:24 PM
Finding Range over all bars in a chart for N periods...High to Lowest ??? Digs MetaTrader and ZeroCode 0 01-27-2007 10:44 AM
Looking for Williams Percentage Range %R chart11610 Indicators 0 09-12-2006 11:25 PM