Average Daily Range Indicator/Calculator
Old 06-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Honorary Moderator

bossxero has a spectacular aura aboutbossxero has a spectacular aura aboutbossxero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to bossxero Send a message via MSN to bossxero Send a message via Yahoo to bossxero Send a message via Skype™ to bossxero
Arrow Average Daily Range Indicator/Calculator

Hi Guys,

I am looking for an indicator which displays the average daily range of any currency pairs. I am not looking for any kind of eye-candy indicators which paints lots of stuffs on the charts but just an indicator which displays the daily range in PIPS. To be more clear, the indicator should display the average number of pips that the currency has been moving since X number of days (X is a variable of course). An example will be that the average daily range of the of the EUR/USD is 107 pips, thats just an example.

I know people usually does this with an Excel file, in which they import the historical data from their platforms and the Excel sheet calculates the average daily/weekly/whatever range.

So if anybody could help on this one, I would be delighted. Thanks in advance.

All the best in your trading.
Average Range
Old 06-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Currency Trader

fx9 is on a distinguished road
Default Average Range

Try this.
Let me know if it is what you want.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 Average Range.mq4 (6.8 KB, 3196 views)
bossxero and kanong like this.
Not this ..
Old 06-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Honorary Moderator

bossxero has a spectacular aura aboutbossxero has a spectacular aura aboutbossxero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to bossxero Send a message via MSN to bossxero Send a message via Yahoo to bossxero Send a message via Skype™ to bossxero
Wink Not this ..

Thanks for this indicator but its not what am looking for. Thanks for the share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx9 View Post
Try this.
Let me know if it is what you want.

Regards
Old 06-23-2007, 02:34 AM
Forex Trader

Money Duck is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

I did not make this indicator. A fellow trader made it for me.

It takes the ATR of the time frame you want to see and you see that ATR on any timeframe you switch the chart too.

I have it currently set-up to show the DAILY ATR. If you look at the picture you can see the ATR NUMBER in the top left corner of the indicator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg atr.JPG (21.4 KB, 2680 views)
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 4X_Campus_-_ATR.mq4 (3.6 KB, 1728 views)
shiftlessatol, forxdoc and kanong like this.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Currency Trader

john mc grath is on a distinguished road
Default thanks great site

hello just to reply to request great site
Range indicators
Old 12-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Currency Trader

cja is on a distinguished road
Default Range indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossxero View Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking for an indicator which displays the average daily range of any currency pairs. I am not looking for any kind of eye-candy indicators which paints lots of stuffs on the charts but just an indicator which displays the daily range in PIPS. To be more clear, the indicator should display the average number of pips that the currency has been moving since X number of days (X is a variable of course). An example will be that the average daily range of the of the EUR/USD is 107 pips, thats just an example.

I know people usually does this with an Excel file, in which they import the historical data from their platforms and the Excel sheet calculates the average daily/weekly/whatever range.

Hi
The Daily version of this indicator was coded for a Daily trading system about 18 months ago and modified to include Weekly & Monthly averages about 6 months ago
I guess these may contain too much data however they can be modified as far as the number of units you want to average - the default is 1 Day/5 Days/ 10 Days / 20 Days

If you need something very simple and small coded let me know, the Signal Bars indicator i posted earlier uses the same code for the Daily average figures

#(T_S_R)-Daily Range Calculator .mq4

#(T_S_R)-Weekly Range Calculator.mq4

#(T_S_R)-Monthly Range Calculator.mq4

DailyWeeklyMonthly.gif
Old 12-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Currency Trader

chehab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossxero View Post
Hi Guys,

Hi
Pls find herewith attached one good ADR average day range indicator. pls do confirm if it was the one u need. end
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 DYNAMIC Breakout Daily Range_v10.mq4 (3.1 KB, 2417 views)
bossxero and kanong like this.
Sunday Bar
Old 12-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Currency Trader

pipimo88 is on a distinguished road
Default Sunday Bar

Is there an ADR indicator which DOES NOT include the Sunday bar. Including a Sunday bar into the calculation, drastically changes the outcome.

I searched but couldn't find one which allows exclusion of Sunday bar in the calculation.

Many Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Currency Trader

pipimo88 is on a distinguished road

Attached is the ADR indicator I'm using and I found this script by "icm63" about excluding Sunday data (he's using this on MA cross indi). I tried inserting the code below into my indicator (attached), but it's not working.

Anyone have any idea how to combine script (below) with the attached indicator, in order to make an "ADR_No_Sunday_Bar" indicator.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TempBuffer3 = Is just a bunch of close data
BufferAVE = Is array that ends up on chart

for(i=0; i<limit; i++)
{
if(No_Sundays ==true)
{
int z = 0;
int HLsum = 0;
for(int x = i; x < i + (Period * 2); x++)
{
if(SundayCheck(x) !=0)
{
HLsum += TempBuffer3[x];
z =z+ 1;
//if(i ==0) Print(x, " ", z);
}
if(z >= Period) break;
}
BufferAVE[i] = NormalizeDouble(HLsum/z,0);
}
else
BufferAVE[i]=iMAOnArray(TempBuffer3,Bars,Period,0,MODE_SMA,i);
}

//Sunday check
int SundayCheck(int Index)
{
datetime data = iTime(NULL, PERIOD_D1, Index);
return(TimeDayOfWeek(data));
}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you in advance for any help.
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 ADR_SL-NoLine.mq4 (13.3 KB, 1205 views)
kanong likes this.
I need 1 to 15mins average range caculation indicator
Old 03-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Currency Trader

drewizzy is on a distinguished road
Default I need 1 to 15mins average range caculation indicator

Hi, i thank you for the daily,weekly and monthly average range calculators. Please all what i want now is 1min, 5min, and 15mins average range calculation indicator, just as the previous ones.thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cja View Post
Hi

The Daily version of this indicator was coded for a Daily trading system about 18 months ago and modified to include Weekly & Monthly averages about 6 months ago
I guess these may contain too much data however they can be modified as far as the number of units you want to average - the default is 1 Day/5 Days/ 10 Days / 20 Days

If you need something very simple and small coded let me know, the Signal Bars indicator i posted earlier uses the same code for the Daily average figures

Attachment 1751

Attachment 1752

Attachment 1753

Attachment 1754