An Indicator to Display Template

Hi Everyone! This is my first post although I have been "lurking" for about a year.

I am wondering if there is an indicator or similar tool which will display the template I currently have loaded. I like to test different templates on different pairs or time frames.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rheel Nutjob

rheelnutjob:
Hi Everyone! This is my first post although I have been "lurking" for about a year. I am wondering if there is an indicator or similar tool which will display the template I currently have loaded. I like to test different templates on different pairs or time frames. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Rheel Nutjob

In your platform, when you have a nice chart setup, right click on your chart and "save template". That's all.

Then you can apply this template on any chart by right clicking and find your template in the listing.

FerruFx

Thanks FerruFx but I have already done that. What I want to be able to do is to look at the screen and see which template I currently have loaded. I test strategies and indicators by naming them as saved templates.

they are loaded, and I have six or eight pairs loaded with different templates, it is hard to keep track of which is which.

rheelnutjob:
Thanks FerruFx but I have already done that. What I want to be able to do is to look at the screen and see which template I currently have loaded. I test strategies and indicators by naming them as saved templates. they are loaded, and I have six or eight pairs loaded with different templates, it is hard to keep track of which is which.

Before save your template, put a text label on your chart with the name of the template. When you will load this template, the label will be on the chart !

FerruFx

I have searched the MT help section for info on how to put a text label on a chart. To say that it was unhelpful is a serious understatement.

Can you steer me to a palce where I can learn to do this? Thanks.

rheelnutjob:
I have searched the MT help section for info on how to put a text label on a chart. To say that it was unhelpful is a serious understatement.Can you steer me to a palce where I can learn to do this? Thanks.

Look at the toolbar. There is an icon of a letter T in a dotted box. Play with that and you will soon work it out.

Thanks Rebate, I'll give it a try.

FerruFx:
Before save your template, put a text label on your chart with the name of the template. When you will load this template, the label will be on the chart !FerruFx

This has been a very great idea, I have been waiting for so long. This is good as long is someone comes with an indi generic to display in all charts.many thanks.

FerruFx:
Before save your template, put a text label on your chart with the name of the template. When you will load this template, the label will be on the chart ! FerruFx

That is a great idea...I've been wondering the same thing for years...and that never occurred to me. Thanks to FerruFX for pointing out the obvious to those of us who are brain dead...

Thanks for everyone who helped.

Simple idea that did not come to mind.

Thanks you very much

Reason: