Moving average and price crossover (a must for research!)

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has already been asked, have looked, but not found what I would like. Could someone code a simple single Simple MA34 indicator, where the MA moves up/down past the price + 15pips.

For example, if the current price is 1.2100 and moving up. When the Simple MA34 moves above the price by +15pips, I will get 'up/buy' arrow and if the SMA is below +15pips, I will get a 'down/sell) arrow. This works on a 1m and 5m time frame.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank

-A8

Customizable moving average along with arrows when price crosses it. This is ideal if you're studying price/ma crosses.

Settings:

MA_Type: 0 = Simple, 1 = Exponential, 2 = Smooth, 3 = Weighted

Files:

Hi dude,

That is brilliant work. Thankyou.

A8

scorpion:
Customizable moving average along with arrows when price crosses it. This is ideal if you're studying price/ma crosses. Settings:MA_Type: 0 = Simple, 1 = Exponential, 2 = Smooth, 3 = Weighted

Does anyone know how to add audible and email alarm option to this indicator?

I got 23 errors trying to copy and past an alarm and email function from another indicator I have. I don’t know how to program MT4 and have been trying to figure it out just to add email and sound to this indicator

scorpion:
Customizable moving average along with arrows when price crosses it. This is ideal if you're studying price/ma crosses. Settings:MA_Type: 0 = Simple, 1 = Exponential, 2 = Smooth, 3 = Weighted

Can you pls tell me how to use it pls? i dint get the concept

There are many ways to use a moving average indicator. The basic concept for this is to buy on the up arrow and sell on the down arrow. However based on the settings and strategy you use, you could also sell on the up arrow and buy on the down arrow.

A solid trading plan based on your personality and style with emphasis on money management is recommended. If you are unfamiliar with building a trading plan, study some of the books by Van K. Tharp

Also, I found the indicator with alarm function which is great at: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/194944

Many thanks to scorpion for building it.

This is a very basic and profitable indicators. Just train your eyes to look at the chart and you will make at least 500 pips per week. He..he,,,he,,

I have saved it to my Experts folder, but it does not load. I am using MetaTrader4. Is that compatible?

SHines01:
I have saved it to my Experts folder, but it does not load. I am using MetaTrader4. Is that compatible?

Move it to the "Indicators" folder that is within the Experts file.

Hey guys take a look at this MT4 indicator for using Moving Average Crossovers.

It is a trouble to decide which moving average periods to select and this indicators deals with this by giving you the choice to set 10 different periods to be compared against one another. It tells you if you should buy or sell based on their signal, how close you are to a crossover and get alerts when a crossover occurs.

Check it out

Files:
Reason: