** Importing live forex data into excel **
Old 05-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Currency Trader

TOPMONKEY is on a distinguished road
Default ** Importing live forex data into excel **

Hi,
Iíve been trading for 3 years but have never imported live data into an excel spreadsheet. I have no programming background at all and want to know is, what I list below possible.
1. Import Live forex data, say the euro/usd from a 30min chart into excel cells , data would include price , 13min moving average, other indicators.
2. The data would import automatically into an excel sheet row by row and freeze. So at 3pm data would import into individual cells left to right and freeze, then at 3.10pm on the next row data would import and freeze, the indicators such as the moving averages would have to be the new re-calculated ones.
I currently use Metatrader with FXCM. Fxcm provide programming but never seem to reply. As I said I have no programming knowledge so would appreciate any help.
MT4-excel
Old 05-29-2012, 03:57 AM
Currency Trader

mikeinchina is on a distinguished road
Question MT4-excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPMONKEY View Post
Hi,
Iíve been trading for 3 years but have never imported live data into an excel spreadsheet. I have no programming background at all and want to know is, what I list below possible.
1. Import Live forex data, say the euro/usd from a 30min chart into excel cells , data would include price , 13min moving average, other indicators.
2. The data would import automatically into an excel sheet row by row and freeze. So at 3pm data would import into individual cells left to right and freeze, then at 3.10pm on the next row data would import and freeze, the indicators such as the moving averages would have to be the new re-calculated ones.
I currently use Metatrader with FXCM. Fxcm provide programming but never seem to reply. As I said I have no programming knowledge so would appreciate any help.
Hi there,
Did you ever get anything useful in answer to this question? A friend has an excel data page he uses for his analysis and we really want to get data automatically for it. its an easy expert advisor to write if you know anything about it, but I have no idea.
Mike