EA newbie

Hey All,

New to the forex 'game'. Been reading bits here and there and have come across expert advisors.

Could someone provide me with a short version of how an EA is supposedly used to help traders, advantages/disadvantages. Preferably without opinionated points/responses please.

From my undetstanding an EA is a script which is set up to assist the trader in executing Buy/Sell orders. I've downloaded a copy of the Blessing EA and i find it all a bit much to comprehend at the current time.(If someone is willing to help explain please PM )

Also to the pro's and veteran traders or anyone who might know, how much would it cost approximately to have a personal created EA code written up? (I've been told a few prices that i do not believe can be reasonable)

Thanks in Advance to those who reply

Rice:
Hey All,New to the forex 'game'. Been reading bits here and there and have come across expert advisors. Could someone provide me with a short version of how an EA is supposedly used to help traders, advantages/disadvantages. Preferably without opinionated points/responses please. From my undetstanding an EA is a script which is set up to assist the trader in executing Buy/Sell orders. I've downloaded a copy of the Blessing EA and i find it all a bit much to comprehend at the current time.(If someone is willing to help explain please PM ) Also to the pro's and veteran traders or anyone who might know, how much would it cost approximately to have a personal created EA code written up? (I've been told a few prices that i do not believe can be reasonable)Thanks in Advance to those who reply

An EA will effectively trade for you under certain rules and conditions. But one must be very careful when deciding to use an ea. You should thoroughly understand what it is and how to use one.
You can check this link: How to Trade Forex: The Pros and Cons of Using an Expert Advisor (EA), for a complete guide to ea's.

Reason: