Metatrader 4 released

Hi All,

per the topic, Metatrader 4 final has now been released.

https://www.metaquotes.net/en/download

Strategy Tester is included - be interesting how good this Backtester version is.

Now to get ZeroCode beta 2 with MT4 support

Martin

AH ah, i had the same idea, meta4 with backtester is released

But i discuss with a support's metatrader broker, and they tell me this version is always a beta, and that metaquotes have enormous problems with the definitive version, so we can wait a long time before they release the very official version

But i'm asking if someone could program an mql2 to mql4 converter ???

Hey Belzebut,

What do you mean 'enormous problems' ?

This damn version has been in development for 18 months now - what problems are MetaQuotes suppose to have with this 'release' ?

Cheers

Martin

Rastarr:
What do you mean 'enormous problems' ? This damn version has been in development for 18 months now - what problems are MetaQuotes suppose to have with this 'release' ?

Strategy backtester is unstable, no doubt. The rest is stable.

scorpion,

I've only just started playing with the backtester and, frankly, I'm still working it out. It looks like I'm suffering for a lack of smaller timeframe data which appears to make a difference on the 'fractal interpolation' model.

My 1min data only goes back to early May unfortunately.

What issues have you found so far on the backtester ? (and excuse me if I started this topic in the wrong area/forum).

Cheers

Martin

P.S : Where'd those crazy developers come up with 'fractal interpolation' from anyway

Martin, I haven't found one yet, but we all know that the backtester is just released to public a few minutes ago, so it's just an unstable component.

It's worth to mention that any software cannot reach very stable point. When a developer says a software is in and final version, means large portion of the software is stable enough for production use, just like today version of MT4.

After so little time to test I can't tell the backtest is bugged or not.

But the concept behind it is very good imho.

Using 1 minutes bars with fractal interpolation is as close as you gonna get without real tickdata.

Of course you have to believe (a little) in the fractal theory :-)

scorpion:
I haven't found one yet, but we all know that the backtester is just released to public a few minutes ago, so it's just an unstable component.

Ahh ok, I get you now. Yeah, it's quite amazing no-one has seen any sign of the backtester which would allow testing, feedback and improvement.

Almost appears like MetaQuotes don't want any feedback :whistling

Martin

Well, I tell ya what, I sure will have to increase the CPU speed in all my PCs now that I've had a chance to play with the Optimization feature hehehehe

Damn, it takes a while to pump through a few steps - well, I did start with 2 parameters that I optimised - the number of permutations is multipled by the number of steps.

Rastarr:
Well, I tell ya what, I sure will have to increase the CPU speed in all my PCs now that I've had a chance to play with the Optimization feature hehehehe Damn, it takes a while to pump through a few steps - well, I did start with 2 parameters that I optimised - the number of permutations is multipled by the number of steps.

2005.07.02 19:34:57 There were 104 passes done during optimization, 104 results have been discarded as insignificant

What the ?????? Spend 45 minutes doing an optimisation and it just throws it all out the window. Nothing in any logs that I can see either.

Rastarr, i don't have any specifications on metaquotes' problems, sorry

When we go in the backtester to do a real tick backtest (and on a daily time chart), we find the multiples trades that were presents on metatrader 3

Still bugs

Reason: