mt4 api

it is very disappointing to hear about the lack of client api for mt4. This puts a big dent into my overall development. However, i was wondering if any of you guys can help me out. I've downloaded the mt4 setup file many times and installed ont oa few different computers. I'm pretty sure that one of the releases, whether it was in the actual setup file or was downloaded as part of the updates, was a folder which had a load of folders with demo vc++ code for the mt4 api. If i can remember clearly, there were about 3 example projects. If any of you still have this it would be superb

I agree, it is very disappointing that MetaQuotes has decided to discontinue MT4 API. This will give very bad impact on my robot fxfisherman as well. This is the stupidest act as I have ever seen. All we can do now is to make some noise at MetaQuotes forum, in case their CEO overheards. And luckily, an FXDD representative told me yesterday that FXDD will never adopt MetaTrader 4 unless there is an Client API for their clients, because FXDD you know takes open API very seriously unlike others. InterbankFX might continue MT3 support for the next several months.

sccz97, are you talking about a vc++ project in metatrader\experts\samples\ExpertSample ? Actually, it is an example to use export functions in MQH only, not related to api.

Guys,

You really have to wonder about the thought processes that drove the decision to not give out the Client API - stupid.

I've looked in all my MT4 backups and could only find the metatrader\experts\samples\ExpertSample stuff that sc0rpi0n has already mentioned.

sc0rpi0n: Have you got some confirmation from the FXDD guys that they won't adopt MT4 without the Client API? I'm in the final stage of getting an account with them due to their agreement that they'd be making MT4 available 'soon' after the release.

Martin

Oops! I misread the message. Correction: FXDD will adopt MT4 soon, but they will maintain MT3 until there is Client MT4 API.

scorpion:
sccz97, are you talking about a vc++ project in metatrader\experts\samples\ExpertSample ? Actually, it is an example to use export functions in MQH only, not related to api.

nah, there was an API folder, I checked on my computer at work and it's there. However, it appears to be the old mt3api

IT's good news about fxdd however, looks like I'll be transferring all my funds over there from ibfx. I simply cannot use mq4, there just isnt' enough scope for me to do all the funky algorithms I currnetly use.

Whatever they say, FXDD cannot afford to support mt3 forever, sccz2005. Just a few months they will all ditch mt3.

Well if any of these brokers do any sort of due diligence on a new version of a trading platform, they're sure to wander over to the MetaQuotes forums and see the current mess that the platform is in at the moment.

Not to mention the amount of dissatisfied users.

Jeez, MT4 continues to give me the s**ts with it's messed up trendlines. Complain, complain, complain, do these guys do anything about it or, for that matter, even acknowledge the post ?

I have noticed Slawa being a little more understanding in the last day or two though - maybe a change in the wind ?

Cheers

Rastarr, it must be communication barrier. Maybe the customer supporters cannot read English or the ones who can read English cannot report back in Russian. I wonder if the Russian forum at metaquotes.ru is more active or not.

Well, it is good that you have Russian speaking members then ( me !! ) =)) . Russian forum is active, there are about 20 new threads daily, and they are all looked through by the administration, and answered if needed. Most of the questions right now is connected with their strategy tester ( a lot of negative reviews ) . Just read a thread, that mt4 servers will not allow a lot of trading orders in a short period of time. The time period is not deescrbet yet but here is what is said : If a person who puts a lot more trading orders that a 100 usual traders , his account will be terminated. Something like that. I`m a little short on time now, maybe a little bit later i ll pay more attention to the russian forum and translate and post most interesteing mt4 realted questions and answers.

I discoverd metatrader 3 weeks ago but feel more and more forced to find another platform

"If a person who puts a lot more trading orders that a 100 usual traders , his account will be terminated."

So if you are a scalper at a broker with long term traders you are f*cked.

But it simply can't be true.....

Because brokers *want* clients that make many trades a day. More trades is more commission for them. Maybe they mean modifying orders.

Metaquotes has no control over the brokers so it's not theirs to decide.

So I think we must assume that this warning is just for demo accounts....

Well, the topic of that thread was : Negative trading styles . One of MT administrators mentioned, that there are some traders using the GRID strategy , which is based on putting out 100 of orders and modyfying them automatically. He said that no broker will go for it on the ral account, and that is why demo account for such traders will be terminated.

But still, i don`t understand. If a broker has automatic execution, then 100 orders is not a problem , isn`t it ?

I think that there are several people answring the forum, some of them are aware of programming questions , others on trading questions , and sometimes they answer each others threads, maybe this is why there is a lot of non professinal information.

Reason: