Best trend indicator
Old 10-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Forex Honorary Moderator

Ravique is a name known to allRavique is a name known to allRavique is a name known to allRavique is a name known to allRavique is a name known to allRavique is a name known to all
Send a message via Yahoo to Ravique
Default Best trend indicator

Hey guys, I am looking for a trend indicator,I need it to do one thing : I need it to be fast . If there is a small reversal or a big reversal or a correction, i need it to point this out. So i am lookig for the most sensetive trend indicator, and i don`t mind how it beaves in a choppy market. What do you think, which one could That be ?
levb15 likes this.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Forex Senior

Rastarr is a glorious beacon of lightRastarr is a glorious beacon of lightRastarr is a glorious beacon of lightRastarr is a glorious beacon of lightRastarr is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rastarr Send a message via AIM to Rastarr Send a message via Yahoo to Rastarr

I think you're asking the Holy Grail question there, Ravique.

I know one $US4400 system used the Jurik TPO indicator for some reversal notifications. But your question is one everyone would like to know. I'll be interested to see the replies though.

Martin
Old 10-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Forex Honorary Moderator

Ravique is a name known to allRavique is a name known to allRavique is a name known to allRavique is a name known to allRavique is a name known to allRavique is a name known to all

No Rastarr, I am not asking fo a holy grail, i am asking for a sensitive for a possible trend change indicator, so the one that would show possible reversals and stuff, like 2 MA`s , they indicate the trend when crossing, and they cross all the time in the choppy market, that why no one uses them,and the MA`s don`t suite me becouse they are too slow, and laggy, I am looking for something similar, that can give a million of false signals in the choppy market, but that would indicate the trend nice.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Forex Senior

Rastarr is a glorious beacon of lightRastarr is a glorious beacon of lightRastarr is a glorious beacon of lightRastarr is a glorious beacon of lightRastarr is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rastarr Send a message via AIM to Rastarr Send a message via Yahoo to Rastarr

I know a well known system uses the J_TPO (with a 10 period setting and top/bottom lines set at 0.85 and -0.85) indicator and the ColorOsMA indicator to signal a reversal.

Is this what you're after ? I'm still a little unclear on the intention and framework you're operating under but happy to help out if I can.

Martin
Old 10-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Forex Guru

scorpion is a splendid one to beholdscorpion is a splendid one to beholdscorpion is a splendid one to beholdscorpion is a splendid one to beholdscorpion is a splendid one to beholdscorpion is a splendid one to beholdscorpion is a splendid one to beholdscorpion is a splendid one to behold

Million of false signals? Try EMA 2 and EMA 8 cross. Buy when EMA2 crosses up EMA8, sell when EMA2 crosses down EMA8. To make this system profitable in choppy market, one must reverse the signal (Buy to Sell and Sell to Buy). You can make easy 30 pips in 2 hours during choppy market. But remember that this system is a high-risk one, so if there is a breakout you'll lose big time.
linawati likes this.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Forex Honorary Moderator

Ok guys,thank you, I ll c.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:43 AM
Currency Trader

fm299 is on a distinguished road

Hi..,oK i NEED The best indicator trend but how we could find it...And where we could find it.Do you have indicator for best trend??If you have it I want to use it..and give it to me in this forum..Ok succses and good luck 4 u.I am Indonesian.
thanks
Old 09-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Forex Trader

aaezz is on a distinguished road
Default thanks

oh no i just have a little english and a new in fx
Old 11-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Forex Trader

VSFX is on a distinguished road

If you do not want to holy grail of artificial intelligence based EA, then maybe you just need to tweak some indicators that already exist. I use a simple trading system based on several indicators, they variably lag. If they did not lag then you would risk using false signal. Most people have no idea of what the future holds in the forex, what will make an indicator know? I think if you want a truly accurate indicator then it needs to be based on an advanced artificial intelligence algorithm. There are some on the market in limited supply, most that do work well have been removed.

Humm, false signals, with a lagging simple system using moving averages you rarely get that. You just need to get in just after the trend starts and not later than the reversal, sounds too simple to be true I know but it works.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Currency Trader

luizc1950 is on a distinguished road
Talking

hi, friends from forum.
Some body knows something about what is the best indicator who we get acess?
Thank you.
luiz