What features do you want from MetaTrader?

Let's speak your mind about features you want to request for MetaTrader and things you like about it. I'd like to see a poll just in case somebody out there can fulfill your request. You can choose multiple options.

Options:

Automatic code generating wizard for non-programmer like ZeroCode: you can create your own expert advisors like pro without learning to code them.

99.99% accurated tick-based backtesting: Current strategy tester sucks, so wouldn't it be cool if there's a more accurate backtester.

Low-lowel API in form of DLL or webservice: there're times when MQL cannot implement complex systems that you need low-level standalone api to do the job.

Never-expired demo account. Now 30-day account is so quick, isn't it? It's really exhausting when the expiry date comes close while 1 millions experts are being tested.

MetaTrader for Linux, Unix, or MacOS. Are you anti-Windows? chose this option.

Run multiple accounts in only one window, so that we can run multiple expert advisors at the same time without messing up the desktop, taskbar, and memory usage.

Books on MQLII and MQL4 for dummies, so that you can code your own experts and indicators to the limit.

More powerful charting package. You can insert a picture of your face and a recorded sound file on chart. Or you may want a super-zoom feature that let you peek intrabar price actions?

Have expert advisors hosted on 24/7 internet connected server, so that you don't need to turn on your own computer, connect to the internet 24/7. You will be given username and password to access trade records.

No more "too frequent" error. If your system need to kick your ass twice in 10 seconds, then choose this one.

Any more suggestion?

There are some more features I would like to see in my MT like :

- Next bar close predicttion module ( a 80% accuracy would suite me just fine )

- Next reverse point prediction module ( the same accuracy would suite me just fine )

Well I think that would be enought for me. Though you can give me only the charts with theese two modules, and no more fetaures, and it still will be enough for me

After reading your post, I came up with these:

Run MetaTrader, execute trades at Oanda or any other brokers. Maybe InterbankFX and FXDD don't suite your transaction size, or Oanda offers 1 pip spread.

Top 10, ready to run expert advisors come with default setup. Yeah! "when to enter", "when to close", and "when to reverse" indicators/experts are all there for you to choose.

Yes keep the vote coming...

btw i think alpari has never expire demo acc now

I'm new here & new to forex trading. Why do you use Metatrader as opposed to any of the other trading & charting systems around?

thanks.

Hi shotshell! welcome aboard.

The main reason is that metatrader 4 has built-in script engine. With that, you can create your own indicators and automated system. Now there're hundreds of home-made indicators and automated systems downloadable from various forums, so you pick your favourite.

it would be good to be able to set an alert on a line of support or resistance instead of a fixed price as support and resistance can run diagonally

You can do that with Trendline Break Executor EA

scorpion:
You can do that with Trendline Break Executor EA

Thanks scorpion i will give a go

Hello everybody,

I wanna get an email alert and sms if possible when my stochastic reverse, the fast sma on the low and vice versa, thank you.

Reason: