How to read MA value of different bar

Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

How to read MA value of different bar
Old 11-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Currency Trader

Sufian is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys,

Need some light here, could anybody clarify or code for me value of Moving average for the current bar, previous bar, and last 2 or 3 bars.
It does not matter method of moving average.

regards...sufian
Old 02-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Currency Trader

bredin is on a distinguished road
double iMA( string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int shift)
Calculates the Moving average indicator and returns its value.
Parameters:
symbol - Symbol the data of which should be used to calculate indicator. NULL means the current symbol.
timeframe - Timeframe. It can be any of Timeframe enumeration values. 0 means the current chart timeframe.
period - Averaging period for calculation.
ma_shift - MA shift. Indicators line offset relate to the chart by timeframe.
ma_method - MA method. It can be any of the Moving Average method enumeration value.
applied_price - Applied price. It can be any of Applied price enumeration values.
shift - Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago).

Sample:

AlligatorJawsBuffer[i]=iMA(NULL,0,13,8,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,i);