Help please! with loading mq4 and ex4 files
Old 05-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Currency Trader

Moira is on a distinguished road
Default Help please! with loading mq4 and ex4 files

I can't load new indicators into my metatrader4 platform. I've done it successfully before but something has happened. I need and experts help.
When I right click on either type file and save target as, Windows then tells me it doesn't recognize the file when I try to open the file. I then just copied it from the hard drive and put it in to the indicator file but nothing shows up in navigator. I then went to the program files in metatrader and it shows up as a shortcut. This has happened multiple times. Can anyone help me?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Forex Trader

FXCode is on a distinguished road

Before you start, make sure you delete all previous indicator files (mq4 and ex4).
Copy the indicator you want into the '\experts\indicators\' folder.
Restart MetaTrader.

It should work.. Also try reinstalling MetaTrader or installing another distribution (IBFX\ALPARI\NORTH-FINANCE\ETC.)
Old 05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Forex Trader

bestforexsoftwares is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira View Post
I can't load new indicators into my metatrader4 platform. I've done it successfully before but something has happened. I need and experts help.
When I right click on either type file and save target as, Windows then tells me it doesn't recognize the file when I try to open the file. I then just copied it from the hard drive and put it in to the indicator file but nothing shows up in navigator. I then went to the program files in metatrader and it shows up as a shortcut. This has happened multiple times. Can anyone help me?
Did you install more than 1 copy of Metatrader? You might have copied it to the duplicate Metatrader folder that you are not using...

If not, you need to put it into the right folder.. MetaTrader4/Expert Advisors/Indicators/

It happen to me once...then I realized I have two copy of Metatrader installed...
Old 05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Currency Trader

Moira is on a distinguished road

Thanks to both of you very much. I'll try your suggestions. Best of luck to you.