small account vs. big account

It seems to be very easy to get pips based on news trading style.

It is reasonable to get fast execution on 1 lot.

My question is:

What about 100 lots trades?

Do you get partially filled?

What is the maximum recommended lot trade size?

If this is not the place for this thread, please move it to the correct section .

Thanks in advance.

all of these depends on broker

for 100 lots i assume you mean size of 10 mio. it's not a big deal nowadays for serious companies

I definitely DO NOT recommend trading 100 lots on any size account. When you have a $10,000 account then trade 1 lot max, if $50,000 then max 5 lots.. Always work like that in MAXIMUM, you don't want to risk too much. I don't recommend ever trading more than 20 lots. If you feel the need to trade more, I recommend splitting the initial account and trading them seperately. If you are going to clone them like that as well I recommend to try two different reputable brokers so that if one isnt executed at the right time, you have a backup with the other one.

Hi fellow traders,

I am new in Forex. Hi to everyone.

gazuz:
I definitely DO NOT recommend trading 100 lots on any size account. When you have a $10,000 account then trade 1 lot max, if $50,000 then max 5 lots.. Always work like that in MAXIMUM, you don't want to risk too much. I don't recommend ever trading more than 20 lots. If you feel the need to trade more, I recommend splitting the initial account and trading them seperately. If you are going to clone them like that as well I recommend to try two different reputable brokers so that if one isnt executed at the right time, you have a backup with the other one.

Yes, absolutely agree we have to make investment portfolio. And if i have such amount of money i will trade in ECN Broker not with Damn Market Maker..

It is true that trade this market with what you are having do not go for more. Always trade with some financial back up. For example if you have invested $10,000, use 40% of it and rest to purchase more if the market comes down. If you invest the whole money, it might be wiped off.

I totally agree with you, regardless the account you have I guess everything is about a risk and money management. Building a strategy being aware of risk will always make you profitable.

Shell25,

It is true that trading with strategy and money management would help you to win this risky market. Once you are able to handle the market risks and trade with money management, you are capable to win this huge financial market.

Reealjrd:
Shell25, It is true that trading with strategy and money management would help you to win this risky market. Once you are able to handle the market risks and trade with money management, you are capable to win this huge financial market.

When I first started trading Forex I didn't even care about risk management. I lost some pips and the lesson was successfully learned. Now I just risk 2 or 3% on the total equity and I've been playing with different subaccounts on my Multi Account Manager from Tradeview in order to avoid having all my money on the same pair.

Even very serious FX brokers have sometimes serious troubles filling trades with volume of 10 Mio USD or more.

The reason behind this is very simple, liquidity has dried up, even though 10 Mio is still a tiny trade, some banks at some time of the day will not fill you in an optimal way; in fact, depending on your execution method you may get a huge slippage on your stop (15 pips would not be extraordinary), or a very big spread (for example a spread of 7 pips on eurusd).

Add to that that some brokers only fill you if you request a quote if you want to trade more than 10 or 20 Mio EURUSD (ex Saxo) for the simple fact that they need to think if they can cover your position or not (depending on your performance).

You can defintely deal any volume you want (the maximum I have seen in streaming trade with acceptable rate is 50 Mio EURUSD one shot) but very very few brokers provides that today.

Being partially filled or not depends on the execution method of your trading platform, you should have a best price or a best exec execution method. up to you to select - thyose options are available usually on for high value professionals.

If you wish any advice on that matter your are free to PM me.

Good luck with your trading and regards.

Whatever!!!!! The key is DON’T lose money with any of them, what you need to see is how much money you have and get invest in one of them.

Reason: