Help Making Simple EA work! Please
Old 09-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Currency Trader

sl89xx is on a distinguished road
Default Help Making Simple EA work! Please

Hello,

Is there a kind soul out there that can help me with getting this EA working? I found this indicator (ABC.mq4) on a forum and would like to make a EA out of it, a friend of mine tried to make one but it dosent work (ABC EA.mq4). The indicator is really simple it signals buy/sell situations using arrows and i would like the EA to open a trade at the exact time a buy or sell arrow appears with TakeProfit and StopLoss parameters defineable by the user (preferably in pips)

I attach both the EA and the indicator so hopefully you guys don't need to make the EA from scratch. All help is appreciated.

ABC.mq4
ABC EA.mq4

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Forex Warrior

master4x is on a distinguished road

It looks like a simple EA. Not coded the best but it will probably work if you were to use it on a non-ECN broker. This is probably why it is not working for you.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Forex Trader

skaboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl89xx View Post
Hello,

Is there a kind soul out there that can help me with getting this EA working? I found this indicator (ABC.mq4) on a forum and would like to make a EA out of it, a friend of mine tried to make one but it dosent work (ABC EA.mq4). The indicator is really simple it signals buy/sell situations using arrows and i would like the EA to open a trade at the exact time a buy or sell arrow appears with TakeProfit and StopLoss parameters defineable by the user (preferably in pips)

I attach both the EA and the indicator so hopefully you guys don't need to make the EA from scratch. All help is appreciated.

Attachment 11806
Attachment 11807

Thanks
there is a mistake in calling the indicator! replace these lines in the EA:
Quote:
double abc0 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"ABC",0,1); double abc1 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"ABC",1,1); with double abc0 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"ABC",false,0,1); double abc1 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"ABC",false,1,1);
Note the difference?..false. The indicator has it as an input. Good luck!

Last edited by skaboy; 01-31-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Forex Trader

fxman74 is on a distinguished road

this EA is badly coded, you can only have 1 order Open on your entire MT4 account. maybe that is your issue.

You will need to change this if(abc0<1000 && i==0) to if(abc0<1000 && i < MaxTrades)

and put the Maxtrades as

Extern int Maxttrades = 10;