5-digit and Point
Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Forex Trader

Bill R is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down 5-digit and Point

At least on IBFX, when they went to 5-digits they disabled (or broke) the Point. First of all, I don't know how this could be - it's just basically just a #define equal to 0.0001, used to adjust decimal representations of pips to the ratio of the pair. IBFXs solution was to multiply all of the integer values by 10, but that seems so klutzy I couldn't take it. If I want 10 of something I shouldn't have to ask for 100. Why not just fix the Point? For myself, I just put a #define PointX 0.0001 at the beginning of my EAs and replace all instances of Point with PointX, but is this something the Metatrader people did or just a bad implementation of the 5-digits version? Do any of you use 5-digits on any other platform, and is Point implemented correctly? Let me know.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Forex Trader

eacreator is on a distinguished road

How about Digits variable on IBFX? Is it set to 5?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Forex Trader

Bryce is on a distinguished road
Default 5 Decimal with IBFX

Hi,

My name is Bryce and Iím an employee with IBFX. With regards to 5 decimal pricing, we currently only have it available on one of our demo servers. We didnít want to bombard our clients with too many changes at once so weíve been waiting for things to cool down after the implementation of FIFO. We will be addressing this topic in the near future and will let our clients know the details as soon as they are available.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Currency Trader

club50 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
Hi,

My name is Bryce and Iím an employee with IBFX. With regards to 5 decimal pricing, we currently only have it available on one of our demo servers. We didnít want to bombard our clients with too many changes at once so weíve been waiting for things to cool down after the implementation of FIFO. We will be addressing this topic in the near future and will let our clients know the details as soon as they are available.
So does that mean that your LIVE servers are OK and Only 1 demo server has been updated or what.. Sounds like a load to me.. I have noticed that in the last 3-4 weeks the volume I have coming in to me from US-NFA brokers is WAY Down.. Wheres the Volume from NON-NFA brokers (I use 3) is WAY up.. Maybe these NFA brown nosers are waiting to see what is left of their businees before they do any more FORCED upgrades..
IBFX 5 Decimal
Old 08-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Forex Trader

Default IBFX 5 Decimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by club50 View Post
So does that mean that your LIVE servers are OK and Only 1 demo server has been updated or what.. Sounds like a load to me.. I have noticed that in the last 3-4 weeks the volume I have coming in to me from US-NFA brokers is WAY Down.. Wheres the Volume from NON-NFA brokers (I use 3) is WAY up.. Maybe these NFA brown nosers are waiting to see what is left of their businees before they do any more FORCED upgrades..
That's correct, 5 decimal pricing is not on any live servers but only on 1 demo server.
Mt4
Old 08-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Forex Senior

fxtrendline is on a distinguished road
Default Mt4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
That's correct, 5 decimal pricing is not on any live servers but only on 1 demo server.
so live server still 4 right?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Forex Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxtrendline View Post
so live server still 4 right?
For right now all our live servers are using 4 decimals.