5-digit and Point
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Forex Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
Bill R is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down 5-digit and Point

At least on IBFX, when they went to 5-digits they disabled (or broke) the Point. First of all, I don't know how this could be - it's just basically just a #define equal to 0.0001, used to adjust decimal representations of pips to the ratio of the pair. IBFXs solution was to multiply all of the integer values by 10, but that seems so klutzy I couldn't take it. If I want 10 of something I shouldn't have to ask for 100. Why not just fix the Point? For myself, I just put a #define PointX 0.0001 at the beginning of my EAs and replace all instances of Point with PointX, but is this something the Metatrader people did or just a bad implementation of the 5-digits version? Do any of you use 5-digits on any other platform, and is Point implemented correctly? Let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2009, 04:40 AM
eacreator's Avatar
Forex Trader
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 50
eacreator is on a distinguished road
Default

How about Digits variable on IBFX? Is it set to 5?
__________________
EA Creator - tool to create flexible Expert Advisors with risk and money management without any programming
Reply With Quote
5 Decimal with IBFX
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Forex Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
Bryce is on a distinguished road
Default 5 Decimal with IBFX

Hi,

My name is Bryce and Iím an employee with IBFX. With regards to 5 decimal pricing, we currently only have it available on one of our demo servers. We didnít want to bombard our clients with too many changes at once so weíve been waiting for things to cool down after the implementation of FIFO. We will be addressing this topic in the near future and will let our clients know the details as soon as they are available.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Currency Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3
club50 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
Hi,

My name is Bryce and Iím an employee with IBFX. With regards to 5 decimal pricing, we currently only have it available on one of our demo servers. We didnít want to bombard our clients with too many changes at once so weíve been waiting for things to cool down after the implementation of FIFO. We will be addressing this topic in the near future and will let our clients know the details as soon as they are available.
So does that mean that your LIVE servers are OK and Only 1 demo server has been updated or what.. Sounds like a load to me.. I have noticed that in the last 3-4 weeks the volume I have coming in to me from US-NFA brokers is WAY Down.. Wheres the Volume from NON-NFA brokers (I use 3) is WAY up.. Maybe these NFA brown nosers are waiting to see what is left of their businees before they do any more FORCED upgrades..
Reply With Quote
IBFX 5 Decimal
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Forex Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
Bryce is on a distinguished road
Default IBFX 5 Decimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by club50 View Post
So does that mean that your LIVE servers are OK and Only 1 demo server has been updated or what.. Sounds like a load to me.. I have noticed that in the last 3-4 weeks the volume I have coming in to me from US-NFA brokers is WAY Down.. Wheres the Volume from NON-NFA brokers (I use 3) is WAY up.. Maybe these NFA brown nosers are waiting to see what is left of their businees before they do any more FORCED upgrades..
That's correct, 5 decimal pricing is not on any live servers but only on 1 demo server.
Reply With Quote
Mt4
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Forex Senior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 153
fxtrendline is on a distinguished road
Default Mt4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
That's correct, 5 decimal pricing is not on any live servers but only on 1 demo server.
so live server still 4 right?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Forex Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
Bryce is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxtrendline View Post
so live server still 4 right?
For right now all our live servers are using 4 decimals.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forex Point and Figure greatdealz6 Classified Ads 138 12-29-2012 07:00 PM
Pivot Point Indicators for MT4? mskeffington Indicators 4 05-20-2009 07:53 PM
vantage point software pghiaci Classified Ads 3 02-11-2009 12:29 AM
10 point 3 indicator julieang Indicators 3 03-14-2008 03:59 AM
Request Indicator for pivot point .madboy. Indicators 0 12-14-2007 09:25 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Registered members gain free access to online FOREX currency trading tools, foreign exchange software, Metatrader MT4/MT5 expert advisors, MT4 indicators and EAs. Register now