Trailing stop code
Old 04-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Currency Trader

Graham is on a distinguished road
Default Trailing stop code

Hi This is my first post on this forum. I have my own ea that I am using but would like to add a trailing stop that reduces the stop loss from the first pip of profit. ie. Assume a stop loss 100 pips, if market moves 80 pips in my favor it must reduce the stop to only 20 pips
Old 04-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Forex Warrior

kevinator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Hi This is my first post on this forum. I have my own ea that I am using but would like to add a trailing stop that reduces the stop loss from the first pip of profit. ie. Assume a stop loss 100 pips, if market moves 80 pips in my favor it must reduce the stop to only 20 pips
I have a great idea that would compliment your EA.Instead of using a traditional trail Ea use this stealth trail code to add to your advisor existing logic.This will eliminate the conflict of interest like stop hunting and any other issue many traders go through because if your broker doesnt know your stop loss or tp then there will be no conflict of interest.So have a coder to add stealth features to your advisor and have him use this code.
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 StealthTrailing_v1.3.mq4 (4.2 KB, 159 views)
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Currency Trader

Thanks Kevinator I will give it a try
Old 04-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Currency Trader

Kevinator I gave your stealth ea a try, unfortunately it stopped out trades too early, I was able to us the hide stops and limits code in my ea which I finally got to do what I wanted. It is now using 2 trailing stops in the same ea. The first reduces the loss from the first pip of profit. This has increased the profitability by reducing the risk on the trades that do not hit target.

When the trade is up 50 pips the stop is moved to BE and a normal trailing stop kicks in once again protecting profits if the target is hit.

I now have a problem with the trend line break I am currently using the Mouteki indicator which unfortunately places trend lines ad odd places and enters trades I would not normally enter because my strategy is based on fractal trend lines.

I am therefore looking for coding for trend line breaks based purely on fractals Buy at break of trend line current High to low fractal .Sell at break trend line current low to high fractal. If anyone can help I would be most grateful
Old 11-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Currency Trader

justmein209 is on a distinguished road

Hello. did you ever get this cript to work for you. if so may i have a copy? thank you.