MT4 screen capture

Here's a small tool I just coded for my personal use. I didn't reinvented the wheel. It may exist already in some other versions.

It saves a screen shot of your current chart in the /experts/files/ folder every starting bar. Example on a 1hr chart, a pic will be saved every hour.

Copy it in the /indicators/ folder and set it accordingly.

size_x - Screen shot width in pixels.

size_y - Screen shot height in pixels.

start_bar - Index of the first visible bar in the screen shot. If 0 value is set, the current first visible bar will be shot. If no value or negative value has been set, the end-of-chart screen shot will be produced, indent being taken into consideration.

chart_scale - Horizontal chart scale for screen shot. Can be in the range from 0 to 5. If no value or negative value has been set, the current chart scale will be used.

chart_mode - Chart displaying mode. It can take the following values: CHART_BAR (0 is a sequence of bars), CHART_CANDLE (1 is a sequence of candlesticks), CHART_LINE (2 is a close prices line). If no value or negative value has been set, the chart will be shown in its current mode.

Enjoy.

FerruFx

Files:

FerruFx:
Here's a small tool I just coded for my personal use. I didn't reinvented the wheel. It may exist already in some other versions.It saves a screen shot of your current chart in the /experts/files/ folder every starting bar. Example on a 1hr chart, a pic will be saved every hour.Copy it in the /indicators/ folder and set it accordingly.size_x - Screen shot width in pixels. size_y - Screen shot height in pixels. start_bar - Index of the first visible bar in the screen shot. If 0 value is set, the current first visible bar will be shot. If no value or negative value has been set, the end-of-chart screen shot will be produced, indent being taken into consideration. chart_scale - Horizontal chart scale for screen shot. Can be in the range from 0 to 5. If no value or negative value has been set, the current chart scale will be used. chart_mode - Chart displaying mode. It can take the following values: CHART_BAR (0 is a sequence of bars), CHART_CANDLE (1 is a sequence of candlesticks), CHART_LINE (2 is a close prices line). If no value or negative value has been set, the chart will be shown in its current mode.Enjoy.FerruFx

Wow!...this is great.

I just bought your prob. indicator yesterday and now I can follow the signals on a few currencies even when I'm sleeping!

This should help me to learn a lot faster.

oilfxpro:
Its no good to a learner or undisciplined trader ,if he can't follow systems whilst being awake OILFXPRO

He doesn't wait for signal when he is sleeping. It is for study purpose. I am sure that it was what he meant.

Poocher, it was exactly the reason for this coding. I made my videos for the probability meter with this. One picture each 5min for 24hrs. You are sure to not miss the right move (for study later!).

FerruFx

FerruFx:
He doesn't wait for signal when he is sleeping. It is for study purpose. I am sure that it was what he meant.Poocher, it was exactly the reason for this coding. I made my videos for the probability meter with this. One picture each 5min for 24hrs. You are sure to not miss the right move (for study later!).FerruFx

Thanks for saying you understand FerruFx.

Have just 1 problem whith the screen capture indicator,i dont know if i am doing something wrong, i ran it on both interbank and alpari with same problem , the first pic is 100% ok then all est is blank in the windows put pic of the problem can some one tell me what i am doing wrong tried changing every setting nothing helps. thanks for help

Files:

Your separate indicator may refresh at the start of the new candle and then isn't on screen for the milsecond the screencapture is taken.

It's a possibility.

I have no problem at all with it and made all my video with pictures from the screencapture.

FerruFx

Great Tool Ferru

forexflash:
Great Tool Ferru

You're welcome ... thanks!

FerruFx

Hello all!

Would you please tell me what I have done wrong. I have downloaded and copied ScreenCapture.ex4 file in the EA/indicators folder and from there I am lost. I cant see "screen capture" among other indicators when open MT4. Will you please guide me further. Many thanks.

FxJurij

fx.jurij:
Hello all!Would you please tell me what I have done wrong. I have downloaded and copied ScreenCapture.ex4 file in the EA/indicators folder and from there I am lost. I cant see "screen capture" among other indicators when open MT4. Will you please guide me further. Many thanks.FxJurij

Did you restarted your platform after copied the tool in your folder ?

Do you have a lot of EAs/indicators in your folders ? There's a limit that MT4 can handle. Not sure how many though ...

Are some having issues with this, or is just the fact that it not encouraging to have something on while sleeping. Please do I need to buy or get it for trials first.

Reason: