SYNERGY Trading Method

SYNERGY Trading Method

The Synergy Trading Method was developed by Dean Malone and is an effective Forex trading method developed to simplify trading decisions with high probability precision. It combines the market forces of Price Action, Trend, Momentum and Market Strength to produce higher probability trades. The Synergy trading method depicts...in real-time...the interaction of these market forces providing traders the means to make trading decisions with greater confidence and less emotional hassle.

With Synergy, traders identify and use two important trading components in real-time: Price Action and Sentiment.

Price Action is market movement, such as the oscillation of Open, High, Low and Close prices. Too often, traders are mesmerized by trivial price flucuations and lose sight of the underlying trend of the market. Many traders tend to jump in and out of the market instead of staying with the trade as a trend develops. Synergy is designed to eliminate price distortions. It reveals periods of market strength and trend and periods of consolidation.

Sentiment is the intuitive feeling or attitude of traders and investors in the market. For example, if the sentiment of the market is bullish, then traders and investors expect an upward move in the market. Often, sentiment is an indication of optimism or pessimism in the market based on recent news announcements or political events. The Synergy method uses a hybrid custom indicator developed to show postive (buyers) sentiment or negative (sellers) sentiment.

Working in unison, Price Action and Sentiment give traders a distinct trading advantage. When both are in agreement, favorable trading conditions exists. For instance, when price action is showing upward movement with buyers sentiment, there is higher probability of a Long position having a favorable outcome. Similarly, when price action has a downward movement in conjunction with sellers sentiment, a short position has a favorable outcome.

Aim of this thread is to backtest and optimize the strategy and finally to make an EA out of it. In this first post you find the up-to-date indicators and templates.

First backtests show that the strategy works best on the 1H or 30M timeframe.

Here are some average results:

GBPUSD: ~ 160 pips per month

EURJPY: ~ 104 pips per month

EURUSD: ~ 100 pips per month

GBPJPY: ~ 95 pips per month

USDCHF: ~ 85 pips per month

USDJPY: ~ 82 pips per month

CADJPY: ~ 75 pips per month

To setup this strategy, please unzip Synergy.zip and copy all indicators into \experts\indicators\ in your metatrader directory. Then copy the template into \templates in your metatrader directory. After restarting metatrader and choosing the template you can see arrows and crosses which shows entries and exits according the trading method. Each cross displays a number which means the profit or loss of the closed trade. The yellow numbers at the end of the chart displays the overall result when every signal was traded. But be careful: due to some technical problems with the template at the beginning of a chart no guarantee can be given. A filled arrow shows the first time a new trade can be entered. A hollow arrrow means "add to buy" it is only used as a confirmation signal.

For backtesting the some options of SynergyInd indicator can be adjusted:

UseEntry68_32: When this is true, the indicator enters a long position even when RSI is above 68 or a short position when RSI is below 32.

UseSmallerExit: When this is true, the system closes a position when the actuall candle is smaller than the previsous candle. "DefineSmaller" needs to be a value.

ReqRedYellowCombo: When this is true, the TSL must be above the MBL before entering a long position or the TSL must be below the MBL before entering a short position.

UseVolExpanding: If this is true, positions are only opened when volatility increases (measured by the Bellinger Bands of the TDI).

UseChaikin: If this is true, positions are only opened when colatility increases (measured by the Chaikin's Volatility indicator).

Use4Trend: If this is true, long positions will only be opned when the 4H trend is up and short positions will only be opened when the 4H trend is down.

Use Alert: ... I think everybody knows this feature.

So far the following settings seem to work most suitable: UseEntry68_32 false, UseSmallerExit false, ReqRedYellowCombo false, UseVolExpanding true, UseChaikin false, Use4Trend false.

Files:

What's next? Are you Malone's agent?

Synergy is well known system (not "well profitable", I guess).

Anyway, the very strong benefit from it - regular daily video market reviews made by Malone itself. There's some useful stuff in them. Can be found on CompassFX website.

Im nobody agent, im not selling anything here!!!

ps. do you want to buy my Quantum EA?

Hey, i got only 4 wifes and 7 children!!!

Thank You for posting this method,I am a swing trader in both stocks & forex,this synergy method has much promise,add adr calculator and it is pretty reliable.

Could someone please post the files again? I download the zip but can not open it. Having problems, thanks

fxst

yup! cant open the zipped files. can some one plzz plzz repost them, or PM me

Hi,

I opened it correctly. Maybe changing the characters will do. Here it is again.

Chamane

Files:

chamane:
Hi, I opened it correctly. Maybe changing the characters will do. Here it is again. Chamane

Could you reload the file unzipped?

littlespike:
Thank You for posting this method,I am a swing trader in both stocks & forex,this synergy method has much promise,add adr calculator and it is pretty reliable.

Where you able to open the zip file?

There's a problem with one of the files. The synergy template in the Synergy folder is actually just a windows shortcut (synergy.tpl.lnk) to the real file (which apparently is not included in the archive).

Reason: