Strategy Trader EA's

I will post EA's for Strategy Trader in this thread. Strategy Trader is FXCM's automated forex trading platform which you can use to automate your trading. The programming language for the Strategy Trader platform is C#.

This strategy trades off the Tenkan/Kijun Crossover from the Ichimoku indicator. A new position is opened when there is a crossover, and the lot size is dependent on signal strength. For example, if a short signal occurs below the cloud (Kumo), then the strategy opens 2 lots since this is considered a strong signal. If a short signal occurs above the cloud (Kumo), then the strategy only opens 1 lot since this is considered a weak signal.

This EA is coded compliments of James Stanley at FXCM.

Files:
Ichimoku.zip  3 kb

This strategy is based off of the Detrended Price Oscillator indicator in the Strategy Trader platform. The EA will generate a buy signal when DPO value crosses above the zero line, and the EA will generate a sell signal when DPO value crosses below the zero line. A limit order can be specified in the EA parameters for exit.

This strategy automatically creates a stop based on the ATR (Average True Range) indicator. The input in the strategy allows you to select the ATR period and the (numatrs) number of ATRs the stop is placed from the open price.

Files:

I have just opened an account with FXCM and happened across your postings.

Pls continue your posts if you have any more. They are a great help to me.

Thx,

Jim

jposeyx2:
I have just opened an account with FXCM and happened across your postings. Pls continue your posts if you have any more. They are a great help to me. Thx, Jim

Good to hear you enjoy them Jim! I'll post more every month or so as they are developed.

Attached you will find a basic automated strategy using the CCI indicator. Strategy will buy when CCI crosses above oversold (default -100) and strategy will sell when CCI crosses below overbought (default 100). If 0 is input as stop or limit, the strategy will default to stop and reverse logic.

Files:

This strategy uses Keltner Channels for buying and selling. The EA is attached to this post.

Buying logic

An entry order to buy at the high price of the current bar will be generated if the current bar crosses the upper band.

Selling Logic

An entry order to sell at the low price of the current bar will be generated if the current bar crosses the lower band.

Here's a list of the inputs you will be able to modify when adding the EA:

Keltner Channel Indicator

Length = 20

Numatrs = 1.5 -> this value is multiplied by the average true range of the current bar to determine the distance from the upper and lower bands to the midline.

Other inputs / default values

Limit = 0

Stop = 0

Use SSL = False

Port = 25

Trailing Stop = 0

Email Alert = False

How do you find strategy trader vs MT4?

Entry Rule: Wait until price falls below the lower Bollinger band or above the upper band. When price subsequently crosses back above the lower band and closes there, place a buy stop entry order at the last value for the lower band. When price crosses back below the upper band, place a sell stop entry order at the last value for the upper band.

Filter: If "fastlength" and "medlength" inputs are used, strategy may only go long if the "fastlength"-period Simple Moving Average is above the "mediumlength". It may only go short if the opposite is true. "fastlength" and "medlength" are set to 0 by default, which leaves them off. Changing these to non-zero values activates the use of the filter in this Strategy Advisor.

Stop Loss: None by default. It may be entered using "StopLoss" input.

Take Profit: None by default. It may be entered using "ProfitTarget" input.

Exit Rule: The trade is taken out by the opposite signal. Thus if we are long due a cross above the lower band, a cross below the upper band would close the existing long position and establish a short position. The reverse is also true.

Jason Rogers:
This strategy trades off the Tenkan/Kijun Crossover from the Ichimoku indicator. A new position is opened when there is a crossover, and the lot size is dependent on signal strength. For example, if a short signal occurs below the cloud (Kumo), then the strategy opens 2 lots since this is considered a strong signal. If a short signal occurs above the cloud (Kumo), then the strategy only opens 1 lot since this is considered a weak signal. This EA is coded compliments of James Stanley at FXCM.

*** Jason, thanks for the EA, is there any manual book for this EA?

Reason: